It is Monday, Sept. 23. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Cooler: The sun will be around on Monday, but don’t expect it to be all that warm. The first full day of fall will see temperatures get into the low 60s with a northwest wind up to 15 miles per hour.
2. Book Sale: The semiannual book sale, hosted by the Friends of Hamilton-Wenham Public Library, continues through Thursday this week at the library. The book sale is open during library hours, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
3. Golf: The 3rd Annual Eddie McLaughlin-Richie Weiner Golf Tournament will happen Monday at Wenham Country Club. The tournament benefits the Polish Club of Danvers’ Educational Scholarship Fund. It starts at 8:30 a.m. with a shotgun start and is $100 per person, including 18 holes with cart plus a roast beef and chicken dinner afterward.
4. Schools: If your child is looking to attend a private high school next year, you can gather a lot of information about many schools on Monday. There will be 95 boarding and day schools in New England represented at the Independent Secondary School Fair at Glen Urquhart School in Beverly Farms from 5:30-8 p.m.
5. Pool: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen and Recreation Department will hear a presentation Monday night about the future of the pool at Patton Park. The presentation is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.