It is Monday, Aug. 19. Here are five things you need to know
in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. 80s: The temperature is expected to get into the 80s on Monday, with partly sunny skies and a light west wind. It will be the start of what is looking to be a really nice week of weather, with the possibility of temperatures hitting 90 later in the week.
2. Football: The fall football season officially starts on Monday, with practices starting for both the Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School team and the Youth Generals program.
3. Fair: The ticket booth at the front entrance of the Topsfield Fair opens for the first time this year on Monday, and will be open for advance discount ticket sales until the fair opens in early October.
4. Essex Heritage: Monday is the final day to submit a candidate to be awarded this year’s Pioneer in Partnership Award, which “recognizes individuals and organizations that have shown leadership in building partnerships that preserve and enhance the heritage of the region.” The award will be given out next month at Essex National Heritage Area’s annual fall meeting at the Cape Ann Museum in Gloucester.
5. Teacher Contract: The School Committee’s Negotiations Working Group meets on Monday at 6:30 p.m. at the Center School administrative offices, where the committee is scheduled to go into executive session to discuss a new contract for both teachers and nurses.
To find out what is going on this week in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.