It is Monday, Dec. 30. Here are five things you need to know
in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Falling: After the temperature gets into the mid to upper 30s on Monday, it will start to fall in the afternoon into the 20s. Eventually, the low temperature will get to the low teens overnight. During the day on Monday, the sky will be mostly sunny and the wind will blow from the west at 10-18 miles per hour.
2. Deals: There’s plenty of end of the year deals on local coupon deal websites such as Groupon. There’s $30 worth of food for $15 at The Farm restaurant just over the Essex town line from Hamilton and the same deal at Latitude 43 restaurant in Gloucester, plus $55 for $175 worth of classes at Studio 13 Pilates and Core Fitness in North Beverly on Route 1A.
3. New Year’s: The family-friendly New Year’s events at Wenham Museum are full, but there’s still plenty of room just down the road at Beverly’s New Year event. There are several free outdoor events, including the grand procession and beach ball drop. Other indoors events require a button, which are on sale for $7.50 each. The event runs 3-7 p.m. along Cabot Street in downtown Beverly.
4. Auditions: The North Shore Players’ auditions for the spring musical “Anything Goes” continue on Monday. Auditions for cast members age 12 to adult from 7-9 p.m. at the Hogan Regional Auditorium, 6 Hathorne Circle, Danvers. Rehearsals will start in early January and the show will take the stage in late March.
5. Brunch: If you aren’t looking forward to how you’ll feel when waking up after celebrating on New Year’s Eve, 15 Walnut in Hamilton has a solution. The Hamilton restaurant is planning a “Recovery Brunch” on New Year’s Day, starting at 10:30 a.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.