It is Monday, Sept. 30. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Warm: The week ahead looks to be unseasonably warm, with the exception of Monday. Monday will start cloudy and eventually turn sunny with temperatures in the 60s. The rest of the week will see temperatures in at least the 70s every day, with 80s forecasted for Wednesday.
2. Photos: Monday is the deadline for entries into this year’s “Picture This: Your Great Outdoors" photo contest by Mass Audubon. There are two age categories, 18 and older and under 18, and subject categories are People in Nature, Birds, Other Animals, Plants and Fungi and Landscapes. Each person can submit up to five photographs. All entries must be taken in Massachusetts. The grand prize winner will get a $250 gift card to be used at a Mass Audubon shop or a wildlife sanctuary, with several runner-up prizes too.
3. Legos: Each week on Monday, the Lego Club meets at Christ Church from 3:15-4:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall. The club is for children in pre-K through fifth grade, along with a parent or caregiver, and involves fun with what is believed to be the largest collection of Legos on the North Shore.
4. Flood: New flood maps have been drawn up for Essex County, and those federal officials are hosting a meeting in Lynn on Monday to answer questions. Officials will be available to answer questions from 3–8 p.m. at the Lynn Municipal Auditorium, 3 City Hall Square in Lynn, with a presentation from FEMA officials at 6 p.m.
5. Pool: Discussion continues Monday evening regarding a plan to rebuild the pool at Patton Park. Consultants from Weston and Sampson will make a presentation to the Hamilton Board of Selectmen, Hamilton-Wenham Recreation Committee and other town boards at 6:30 p.m. in the meeting room at Hamilton-Wenham Library.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.