1. Rain: The rain will stick around on Monday, with clouds and fog too. The temperature will get into the 70s. There may be heavy showers at time an the wind could also gust to 20 miles per hour.
2. Goats: “Giddy Goats” will make an appearance at Hamilton-Wenham Library on Monday for a storytime starting ta 10:30 a.m. It will start with stories and songs before kids are introduced to two goats - Sweetie & Darling - plus owner Jeremy. The goats will be available for pictures and petting.
3. Shutdown: U.S. Rep. John Tierney, D-Salem, is meeting with residents on Monday to discuss the government shutdown. Tierney, who represents Beverly in the U.S. House of Representatives, discussed the shutdown on Saturday in Peabody but on Monday with be in the southern reaches of the 5th Congressional District in the auditorium at Bedford Town Hall from 10 a.m. to noon.
4. Sports: The Boston Celtics have its first pre-season game of the season on Monday night, kicking off that rare part of the year when all five major Boston sports team are in action. The Red Sox are in the playoffs, the Bruins got the season started last week, the Patriots are five weeks into the season and the Revolution season is nearing the end.
5. Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meet on Monday night at 7 p.m. in the Memorial Room at Hamilton Town hall. The board is slated to discuss amending or adding items to the warrant for next month’s Special Town Meeting, plus review the board’s goals and objectives.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.