It is Monday, Sept. 16. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clouds: Monday is forecasted to be a cloudy day, with some rain in the morning and a chance of a shower in the afternoon. The temperature will be in the mid-60s.
2. Community House: Monday is the final day to apply for the Community House of Hamilton-Wenham’s part-time event planner position. The job consists of planning Community House fundraising events such as the Community Block Party, Golf Tournament, 2 Town 4th and Harvest Dinner. Applications can be sent to Executive Director Melissa Elmer at Melissa@communityhouse.org.
3. Cars: Monday marks the start of Massachusetts Car Free Week, an extension of World Car Free Day that encourages the use of public transportation, bicycles, walking, carpooling, vanpooling and teleworking “as greener modes of transportation.”
4. Golf: The American Red Cross of Northeast Massachusetts takes to the links on Monday at Turner Hill Club in Ipswich. The golf tournament will raise money for the organization’s work in Essex County, including Hamilton and Wenham. It starts with lunch at 11 a.m., a scramble start at noon followed by dinner, awards and an auction afterward.
5. War Memorial: The Wenham War Memorial Committee meets first things Monday morning at 8 a.m. at Wenham Town Hall, where the committee will go over fundraising and planning for a groundbreaking data, among other things.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.