It is Monday, Dec. 16. Here are five things you need to know
in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Cold: The sun will be out on Monday but it will be cold, with a high temperature only in the mid-20s. The wind will also be gusting, blowing at 15-22 miles per hour with gusts to 40 mph.
2. Concert: The Elementary Winter Concert happens on Monday night at 6:30 p.m. Originally, the concert had been scheduled for Buker Elementary School but it will now happen in the Ferrini Dramatics Center at Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School. The elementary chorus and bands will perform.
3. Governor: Gov. Deval Patrick has been on a trip to Asia for the past few days, spending a few days in Japan and now he is in Singapore. On Monday, he has visits with U.S. Ambassador to Singapore Kirk Wagar and tour the National University of Singapore’s Centre for Translational Medicine, among activities.
4. CSA: For The Trustees of Reservations members in the two towns, if you want to sign up for the winter CSA at Moraine Farm in North Beverly, Monday is the final day. There will be two distributions, on Saturday, Dec. 21 and Jan. 11 from noon to 3 p.m. and will include spinach, kale, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, kohlrabi, onions, beets, shallots, rutabaga, winter radishes and butternut squash. A winter share is $100 and you also must be a current member of The Trustees.
5. Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meet on Monday night in the Memorial Room at Hamilton Town Hall at 7 p.m. The board is scheduled to hear a presentation about the evaluation of the town manager and discuss reorganizing the land use departments.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.