1. Sun: It is expected to be a sunny day on Monday after the possibility of a foggy start with temperatures getting into the 60s. There will be a light south wind.
2. Trash: Monday is a holiday, which means there is no trash pickup in Wenham. Trash pickup will resume on Tuesday in Wenham and will be delayed by a day for the rest of the week in both towns. Pickup in Hamilton will start on Thursday and run through Saturday.
3. Youth Basketball: Registration ends on Monday for Hamilton-Wenham Youth Basketball and any registrations after Monday will come with a late fee. The league is for players in grades kindergarten through eighth grade.
4. Coats: Winter is around the corner, and Anton’s Cleaners kicks off its annual “Coats for Kids” winter coat drive on Monday. It is the 19th annual event that has grown into the largest coat driver in New England that has collected more than 800,000 coats since it started. It runs through Jan. 11. Locally, there is an Anton’s location at the Shoppes at Hamilton Crossing in Hamilton.
5. Cultural Council: The Hamilton-Wenham Cultural Council originally had a deadline on Monday, but there is no mail service because of the Columbus Day holiday so it has been moved back to Tuesday, Oct. 15.. The council is seeking applications for non-profit groups, school or residents for projects or other work to support cultural activity in the two towns. The local Cultural Council has about $11,400 to distribute in Hamilton and Wenham. All of the necessary forms can be found online and must be postmarked by Tuesday and sent to Hamilton-Wenham Cultural Council, P.O. Box 429, Hamilton, MA 01936
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham,
check out our events listings.
This story has been updated to show the correct deadline for the Cultural Council and the correct amount of money available.