It is Monday, Jan. 27. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Warmer: There will be a slight, one day reprieve from the cold temperatures on Monday with high temperatures forecasted to get into the high 30s. There’s a chance of rain and snow shower with little accumulation expected. Additionally, the wind will gust to 30 miles per hour from the west.
2. War Memorial: The Wenham War Memorial Committee meet on Monday morning for the first time in three months, where the committee is expected to go over finances and fundraising efforts for the memorial and review bid documents and specifications. The committee meets at 8 a.m. at Wenham Town Hall.
3. Winter Cooking: Monday night’s cooking class at Eurostoves in North Beverly will focus on winter pan sauces and allow participants to “expand your sauce repertoire using the finest and freshest ingredients.” The class will include recipes such as gnocchi with peas, spinach and a lemon cream sauce and sautéed chicken with a wild mushroom sauce. The class runs from 6:30-9:30 p.m. and is $75 per person or $150 for a couple.
4. Bertucci’s: Bertucci’s restaurant in North Beverly will host a fundraiser on Monday night where anyone who mentions the Greater Beverly Chamber of Commerce will have 15 percent of their check go to the Chamber, which now includes Hamilton and Wenham in its coverage area.
5. Food Drive: Cutler Elementary School in Wenham begins a food drive for Acord Food Pantry on Monday and runs through Friday, Feb. 14. Each grade at the school has been assigned a specific food item for the collection. For example, kindergarteners have been asked to bring in hot or cold cereal, third graders will bring in coffee, tea and hot chocolate fifth grade collect dry pasta and soup.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.