This post was written by Editor Matt Perkins.
There will be no fares charged after 8 p.m. on New Year's Eve.
Below is the planned schedule for subway, commuter rail, bus and ferry service, according to www.mbta.com/events.
New Year's Eve: Tuesday, Dec. 31
- The Green, Orange, Red and Blue Lines will operate a modified weekday schedule with additional trains operating at rush hour levels of service throughout the evening from 3 p.m. until about 2 a.m.
Visit www.mbta.com/events for information on extra service times and delayed departure times.
- The Newburyport/Rockport Line will operate a modified weekday schedule with additional service provided. An additional train from North Station, ending at Beverly Depot, will depart Boston at 12:10 a.m. The final train of the night headed to Hamilton-Wenham leaves North Station at 2 a.m. It will be headed to Rockport, but there will be a connection at Beverly Depot to serve the Newburyport line, including Hamilton-Wenham station.
BussesBuses will operate a regular weekday schedule.
- F4 - Charlestown Service will operate a regular weekday schedule.
New Year's Day: Wednesday, Jan. 1
- The Blue, Green, Orange and Red Lines will operate a Sunday schedule.
- The Newburyport/Rockport Line will operate a Sunday schedule.
Buses will operate a Sunday schedule.
- F4 - Charlestown Service will not operate.
For more information, visit MBTA.com.