Registration dates for kindergarten classes in the the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District have been announced.
Registration is planned for Monday through Thursday, March 25-28.
Registration will be held on March 25-28 from 9 a.m.–noon.
Additionally, on Wednesday, March 27 registration will also be conducted from 2-6 p.m.
Registration occurs at the school district's Center School building on School Street in Wenham. An orientation session has been planned for Buker Elementary School on Monday, March 18 7 p.m.
All of the registration information is available on the school district's website.
What is required to enroll in kindergarten?
Minimum Entrance Age:
1. A child who attains the age of five by Aug. 31 of a given calendar year may enter kindergarten at the beginning of the school year.
2. A child who attains the age of six before Aug. 31 of a given year shall enter kindergarten or first grade.
3. Under state law, a child who attains the age of six during a given calendar year must attend school in September of that year.
Parents or guardians must provide:
1. Proof of residency (utility bill, purchase and sale or rental agreement)
2. Birth Certificate
3. Immunization certificate.
Parents or guardians must provide birth certificates and immunization certificates for 5-diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus, 2-measles/mumps/rubella, or 2-measlees, 1-mumps, and 1-rubella, 4-poliomyelitis and 3-hepatitis B immunization before a child may be admitted to school. A physician certified reliable history of a chicken pox disease or documentation of vericalia immunization is also required. A letter from a physician will be accepted as immunization certification. Both certificates must be brought to registration.
Parents or guardians are requested to visit their family physician for an up to date physical examination and to complete state requirements for immunization and lead paint screening of their children.
Parents or guardians will be required to complete a confidential health history pertaining to their children. All necessary forms and related information may be obtained once the child is assigned to a school
Parents or guardians will be required to complete a confidential informational booklet at the time of registration.
Anyone with questions should contact Registrar Donna Bunk at 978-468-5310 x124.