Hamilton Fire Contained to Chimney Saturday Night

A chimney fire at a Hamilton home Saturday night did not cause any significant damage.

A chimney fire at a Hamilton home on Saturday night was contained to the chimney.

Nobody was injured and the family that lives at 16 Honeysuckle Road was able to return to the home after the fire was extinguished, according to Capt. Mark Goodwin of the Hamilton Fire Department.

The call came in at 8:30 p.m. and Goodwin said 14 Hamilton firefighters handled the fire and no mutual aid was needed.

"It was contained to the chimney," Goodwin said.

Goodwin said firefighters took off the chimney cap and removed burning embers from the chimney. The homeowner was then advised to get a chimney cleaning.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something