Cindy Sheppard, 48, of 51 Ocean Blvd., Apt. 5, Hampton, N.H. was arraigned in Hampton District Court on Thursday morning.
Her attorney, Neil Reardon, argued for a lower bail amount in order to allow Sheppard to post bail. Reardon said his client doesn't have a criminal record — although she has seven drug indictments pending — and that she is not a flight risk because she has no legs from the knee down.
"It would be difficult for her to physically run away, that’s for sure," said Reardon.
Prosecutors declined comment after the arraignment.
Sheppard is also scheduled for arraignment on seven drug possession indictments in Rockingham Superior Court at 1 p.m. Thursday, according to court staff.
She faces two counts of possession of cocaine and one count each of possession of heroin, oxycodone, diazepam, methylone and marijuana, according to court staff, who said the counts are in connection to Sheppard's June drug arrest.
- Dealer Gave Darriean Hess Fentanyl Before Crash
- Injured Cyclist: 'All of Us Were Doing What We Loved'
- Outpouring of Support 'Appreciated More Than Words Can Say'
- OBIT: Elise Bouchard, Fatal Crash Victim
- Alleged Heroin Dealer Also Charged in Fatal Hampton Crash
- 'Devastated' Hess Family 'Should Suffer,' Says Victim's Family
- Driver in Fatal Hampton Crash Held on $50K Bail
- Fatal Crash Driver: I Took My 'Eyes Off the Road for a Few Seconds'
- BLOG: Fatal Hampton Crash Shows Changes Are Needed
- Darriean Hess, 19, Charged with Negligent Homicide
- Small Bridge Memorial Honors Fatal Crash Victims
- Teen Driver Charged with Causing Fatal Crash
- Survivor Describes Hampton Bike Crash
- Police May Charge Darriean Hess This Afternoon
- Still No Charges for License-less Driver Who Caused Fatal Hampton Crash
- Do Local Bike, Car Laws or Roads Need Changing?
- Police: Driver At Fault for Accident that Kills 2 Bikers
- Two Bikers Killed by Vehicle During Hampton Race
- Multiple People Reportedly Struck Near Route 1A Bridge