Cindy Sheppard, 48, of 51 Ocean Blvd, Apt. 5, Hampton, N.H. was indicted by a Rockingham Superior Court grand jury this month on dispensing a controlled drug, possession of fentanyl, possession of cocaine, possession of methadone, and allowing an improper person to operate a vehicle charges, according to Foster's Daily Democrat.
Hess, 19, of Seabrook, N.H. was pulled over for speeding near the Neil R. Underwood Memorial Bridge at 12:45 a.m. on Sept. 21. Sheppard arrived at the scene of the traffic stop to take custody of Hess and the car Hess was driving, a car which belonged to Hess' fiancée, Scott Martin, 20, also of Seabrook.
Sheppard was ordered not to let Hess operate the vehicle, although police have alleged that Sheppard returned the keys to Hess and gave Hess fentanyl, a powerful painkiller, before letting Hess leave just hours later.
Hess struck four cyclists — Pamela Wells, 60, of Hamilton and Elise Bouchard, 52, of Danvers were killed during the crash, while Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex and Margo Heigh, 54, of Danvers were injured — on the Underwood Bridge at 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 21.
Tests have since revealed that Hess was on fentanyl and three other drugs while she operated Martin's 2002 Honda that day. Hess has been indicted in connection to the crash and faces trial on two counts of negligent homicide, two counts of negligent homicide driving while intoxicated, two counts of manslaughter and two counts of second-degree assault.
Martin also has been indicted on an allowing an improper person to operate a vehicle charge, and he failed to show for trial on that offense on Wednesday. Seabrook District Court staff have said that a bench warrant will soon likely be issued for his arrest.
Foster's has also reported that Sheppard, who also faces charges in a separate drug distribution case, will appear in court on Jan. 22 in connection to her involvement in the September crash.
- Darriean Hess' Fiancé Doesn't Show for Trial for Role in Fatal Crash
- Darriean Hess Allegedly On Four Drugs During Fatal Crash
- Fatal Crash Suspect Wants Drug Case Evidence Tossed
- Scott Martin Headed to Trial in Hampton Fatal Crash Case
- Darriean Hess' Fiancé to Be Arraigned Wednesday
- Probable Cause Found for Hampton Woman Who Gave Hess Drugs, Car
- When Is Darriean Hess Due Back in Court?
- Special Safety Warnings Posted for First Race Since Fatal Crash
- Rep. Says Fatal Crash Shows Laws Need Changing
- Teen Driver Who Caused Fatal Crash Out on Bail
- Alleged Drug Dealer Blamed for Causing Conditions of Fatal Crash
- Third Person Charged in Fatal Hampton Crash
- Dealer Gave Darriean Hess Fentanyl Before Crash
- Students to Unite to Display 'Purple for Pam'
- Injured Cyclist: 'All of Us Were Doing What We Loved'
- Outpouring of Support 'Appreciated More Than Words Can Say'
- OBIT: Elise Bouchard, Fatal Crash Victim
- Alleged Heroin Dealer Also Charged in Fatal Hampton Crash
- 'Devastated' Hess Family 'Should Suffer,' Says Victim's Family
- Driver in Fatal Hampton Crash Held on $50K Bail
- Fatal Crash Driver: I Took My 'Eyes Off the Road for a Few Seconds'
- BLOG: Fatal Hampton Crash Shows Changes Are Needed
- Darriean Hess, 19, Charged with Negligent Homicide
- Small Bridge Memorial Honors Fatal Crash Victims
- Teen Driver Charged with Causing Fatal Crash
- Survivor Describes Hampton Bike Crash
- Police May Charge Darriean Hess This Afternoon
- Still No Charges for License-less Driver Who Caused Fatal Hampton Crash
- Do Local Bike, Car Laws or Roads Need Changing?
- Police: Driver At Fault for Accident that Kills 2 Bikers
- Two Bikers Killed by Vehicle During Hampton Race
- Multiple People Reportedly Struck Near Route 1A Bridge