Today is Thursday, Sept. 8. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Weather: We’ve got another rainy day on tap for Thursday with temperatures around 70 degrees. If you are headed to the ocean - be careful. There is a “high surf advisory” in effect through Friday with dangerous rip tides expected.
2. Jumper Classic: Officially, the begins today at Schooling fields on Route 1A. It runs through Sunday. The highlight on Thursday is a New England Clambake at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $35 per person.
3. Music Man: There's nothing to brighten up a sunny day for the young ones better than the - Brian Doser. He has one of his two weekly concerts at the on Thursday at 10 a.m.
4. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meets – for the second time this week - at . The agenda includes plans for the board to grant two liquor licenses for this weekend’s Jumper event.
5. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee for the first time this school year at 7 p.m. in the multi-purpose room at . The agenda is jam-packed, including honors for teachers and staff members who have worked in the district for 25 years.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.