Today is Monday, Sept. 26. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Weather: A great fall day is on tap for Monday with sun and temperatures in the upper 70s.
2. The Sing Off: A Wenham resident will appear on Monday night’s episode of the new NBC show “The Sing Off.” Cortney Penta, a 2006 graduate and daughter of the owners of , will appear with her college a capella group Deltones from the University of Delaware. The show airs at 8 p.m. on NBC (channel 7).
3. Library Program Registration: Registration for the fall children’s programs at begins today – in person only and not by e-mail or phone. Some of the programs that require registration include chess classes, Lego mania, various weekly story times and World of Wizarding.
4. Illegal Immigration: State Sen. Bruce Tarr, R-Gloucester, who represents Hamilton and Wenham, is one of the lead legislators that make up a bipartisan and bicameral group of legislators who are planning to unveil an “illegal immigration reform bill” on Monday. The details will be unveiled at a noontime press conference at the State House.
5. Conservation Commission: The Wenham Conservation Commission is the only town board or commission scheduled to meet on Monday night. It meets at 7:30 p.m. at when the commission will review a change in plans for the Danvers Swampwalk in the Great Wenham Swamp, as well as some other projects.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.