Today is Wednesday, Oct. 19. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Rain: Forecasters have been talking about it for several days – a rainstorm is moving in to the area on Wednesday. The heavy rain is expected to arrive by midafternoon and temperatures will be around 60 degrees.
2. Potholes: Maybe you remember the huge potholes that cropped up at the entrance to the parking lot at the Shoppes at Hamilton Crossing last spring. Well, those potholes should be a distant memory after a repaving job completed this week put a brand new layer of “hot top” over the problem area.
3. Gluten free: We keep hearing about it and you probably hear about it often too – gluten-free cooking. And on Wednesday there’s a chance to find out more at from
4. Danversbank to People’s United: Keep your eyes on the signs in front of the former Danversbank in Hamilton. The signs at the Danversbank just down Route 1A in North Beverly switched from on Tuesday morning. People’s United is the Connecticut-based bank .
5. Trash: A final vote by the Hamilton Board of Selectmen on the could come as soon as Wednesday afternoon. The subject , at . Chairman Jennifer Scuteri said whether a final vote happens will depend on how the discussion goes and if there are any remaining unanswered questions there will not be a vote. If questions have all been answered, Scuteri said she anticipates a vote will be taken.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.