Today is Thursday, March 8. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Record? There’s a possibility we could break a temperature record on Thursday with high temperatures forecasted to get into the mid-60s. Also expect a windy day, with gusts as high as 40 miles per hour.
2. Two Public Hearings: Have something to say about the or the ? You’ll have a chance to have your voice heard on Thursday night on both issues. A public hearing on the proposed school budget will begin at 6:30 p.m. at . The Wenham Planning Board on proposed changes to the town’s zoning laws needed to allow the Mullen development. It begins at 7:30 p.m. at .
3. Updates: Exactly a year ago, the Hamilton Board of Selectmen decided to before the board to give updates and answer questions. Under the Town Manager form of government, Selectmen were feeling they weren’t hearing from department heads as much as under the town’s previous structure. The reports have continued to happen. Department heads ranging from Treasurer Cheryl Booth to Director Jan Dempsey have met with the board.
4. Art Grows Here: Year three of the popular two town-wide outdoor art display known as is in the works. The public is invited to get involved in this year’s display at 6:30 p.m. at by for “an informal informational get together.”
5. Don Little: The life of Don V. Little will be remember at his funeral service on Thursday. Little who made a name for himself at almost everything he did, from his career as a stock broker to the before later becoming a success show jumper plus his leadership roles at . Little’s funeral is at noon at Christ the .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.