Today is Wednesday, March 7. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Warm: The first of two days of exceptionally warm weather arrives on Wednesday. The high temperature on Wednesday should be into the high 50s with sunny skies.
2. Taxes: Each Wednesday through tax day in April, senior citizens can get help with their income taxes at the . Appointments for many Wednesdays – including today – are already full. There are still spots available for March 21 and 28 plus April 4 and 11. Call the library at 978-468-5577 to reserve a spot.
3. Fabrics: A session at the starts on Wednesday that will help make sure the sewing machine doesn’t go the way of the typewriter. “Fun With Fabrics: Sewing I” starts on Wednesday and runs 1:15-2:30 p.m. for students age 6 to 9. While the session focuses on a hand-sewing project, it will introduce them to the sewing machine. The fee for a four-week session is $59 and each student will go home with a completed project each week. The sessions run on Wednesdays through May 23. “Sewing II” is for 10-13 years olds and runs after school on Thursdays.
4. Pinterest: The newest trend in social media is Pinterest, where you “pin” your interests to various “boards.” We are brand new to it – the Hamilton-Wenham Patch page on Pinterest was literally created on Tuesday. And we are still poking our way around on the site. But we were pleasantly surprised at how many Hamilton and Wenham residents we found on Pinterest and we expect to see more arriving in the weeks to come.
5. School Budget: The Boards of Selectmen from Hamilton and Wenham will join the Finance Committees from both towns at on Wednesday at 7 p.m. of the fiscal 2013 school budget.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.