Today is Thursday, March 22. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Record: It is possible that we could see the record high temperature for the day broken today. Forecasts call for another sunny day with temperatures close to 80 degrees.
2. Kids Night Out: Kids in grades 1-5 can have a night out on Friday night and the deadline to sign up is Thursday. The evening, full of board games, arts and crafts and other fun for elementary school age children, is put on by the National Honor Society at and runs 6-9 p.m. The cost is $10 per child and $5 for additional children. It is, of course, a chance for a night out for parents while they are watched by responsible high school students. Permission forms must be returned to the high school guidance office no later than Thursday and the event is limited to 90 kids.
3. Economy: In the , local businesses say that they are optimistic that business will improve in the coming year. The survey (the full details are available ) includes the results from more than 80 small business owners in eastern Massachusetts, including , and in Hamilton.
4. Ladies Night Out: Bill Graham of will provide ideas how to accessorize “The Little Black Dress" during a fundraiser at the on Thursday night. The event will raise money for the "Saving 2nd Base" team in the Avon Breast Cancer Walk and . Tickets are $35 and available at in Hamilton.
5. Joint Boards: Both the Boards of Selectmen from Hamilton and Wenham will meet with the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee on Thursday night . The meeting happens at 6:30 p.m. at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.