Today is Tuesday, March 20. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Spring: Tuesday is the first day of spring – it officially arrived at 1:14 a.m.
2. Best of Readers Choice: Every week, we ask Hamilton-Wenham Patch users to pick their top choice in a specific category of local businesses. This week, . Voting runs until 9 a.m. on Friday. Look for the winner to be announced at noon on Friday.
3. Gas: While gas prices are reportedly going up nationally and across the Commonwealth, here in the two towns gas prices have actually held steady for the past two weeks. And three out of the four local gas stations were selling a gallon of regular below the statewide average of $3.74 on Monday. Locally, regular gas is $3.68 at , $3.73 at and and $3.89 at .
4. $241 million: You may want to find an extra minute or two on Tuesday to buy a MegaMillions ticket – the jackpot is up to $241 million. The drawing is on Tuesday night. Last March, the jackpot got just about as large, so payoffs this big seem to come around only about once a year. If you want to buy a ticket in Hamilton and Wenham, try , Hamilton Convenience, Oliver Gulf, G & M Motors and .
5. Superintendent Search: The School Superintendent Search Committee meets on Tuesday night to review the 31 resumes reviewed from of the . The at the and is scheduled to review the resumes and applications in executive session. Last week, the committee met with Tony Bent of the New England School Development Council, which has been hired to be a consultant to the search committee during the process.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.