Today is Monday, March 19. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Cooler: We’ll be closer to normal with the temperatures on Monday, with the forecast calling for high temperatures close to 60 with a northeast wind keeping things cooler than Sunday. There’s a chance of some clouds and rain but the sun should also poke through.
2. Trash containers: Last week, the to every home in Hamilton and Wenham in advance of the start of the . This week, it will be the new trash bins. are scheduled to begin on Monday.
3. Wenham candidates: Do you want to be a candidate for publicly elected office in Wenham? Monday is the final day to “pull papers” in Wenham and return them with 20 signatures from registered voters. Specifically, nobody has pulled papers to run for two at-large positions on the Board of Trustees or for the Board of Assessors. The Town Clerk’s office at will be open until 5 p.m. to accept nomination papers.
4. Daffodil Days: One of the biggest annual fundraisers for the American Cancer Society is Daffodil Days, where volunteers take orders for daffodils that are purchased for others in appreciation of their contributions. Deliveries of the daffodils start on Monday.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meets on Monday night a 7 p.m. at . State Rep. Brad Hill plans to update the board on legislative issues related to Hamilton and during the open comment section residents on the Hamilton side of Pleasant Pond will speak against a plan to sell a piece of property on Lake Drive known as Idlewood Park.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.