Today is Tuesday, March 13. Here are five things you need to know:
1. 60s: The wacky winter weather continues on Tuesday. We and now we are seeing a virtual “heat wave” before St. Patrick’s Day. Temperatures will again solidly get into the 60s with partly sunny skies on Tuesday.
2. Recreation Survey: Anyone can have a say in the 10-year Hamilton-Wenham Recreation Master Plan process through an online survey that was posted on Monday. Gale Associates is working on the Master Plan and the survey is an important part of the work, asking a variety of questions from what current recreation programs you use now to how you want to hear about programs in the future. The survey can be found here, according to Recreation Director Sean Timmons.
3. ChoralFest: Tuesday night is , the annual event where choruses from all of the schools come together. Choruses from the elementary, middle and high schools each perform at the chapel, ending with a “mass sing” with all of the choruses singing together.
4. Auction: The Hamilton-Wenham Rotary Club – a lively group that knows how to have fun – on Thursday night at the . Hamilton business owner, deputy fire chief and dispatcher, Kirby Brand, will be the “guest auctioneer.” In addition to the live auction, there will be a 50/50 raffle, silent auction, hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar. It starts at 6:30 p.m. and tickets are $25 at the door.
5. Unemployement: The state unemployment rate in January was 6.9 percent - the most recent month data is available. And on Tuesday, the state Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development will release town-by-town unemployment number, including for Hamilton and Wenham.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.