Today is Monday, July 18. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Weather: Hot, hot, hot. That’s the theme this week, starting with temperatures around 90 on Monday. Also, keep your eyes to the sky on Monday afternoon or evening for the possibility of thundershowers.
2. Sports Camps: It’s that type of year – camp season. Two local sports camps get going today – a and a run by volleyball coach Jen Flynn in the gym at the school.
3. Art Grows Here: The outdoor art exhibit known as , but with some special live performances today. “The Suitcase,” a one-act play starring Kobo Abe and directed by Jonathan Kinney, will be performed tonight and Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m. at .
4. Audubon: If you want to enjoy the outdoors this summer and save some money, Groupon has a great deal. One of the current deals offers a Massachusetts Audubon membership for $29, which is typically $58. Locally, the membership gives you free admission to Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary and the many others operated by Audubon statewide, plus discounted tuition at its summer camps – among other perks.
5. New Recreation Director: The new director of the Hamilton-Wenham Recreation Department starts in his new job on Monday. Sean Timmons comes to the two towns from Wakefield, where he was the Recreation Director since 2003. He’s also been the middle school site coordinator in Wayland since 2007.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.