Today is Thursday, July 14. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Weather: More relief is headed our way – Thursday’s forecast calls for sun with temperatures in to the mid-70s with gusty winds up to 25 miles per hour.
2. Pleasant Pond: We received a recent reminder that is a “great recreational gem” to enjoy with friends and families. There’s still plenty of summer left, so residents who can go to the to get one (call ahead). has the beach open noon to 6 p.m. each day but there are no lifeguards.
3. Bastille Day: Thursday is Bastille Day, or French National Day - a day in France most famously marked with a large parade down Champs-Élysées in Paris. Locally, at in downtown Hamilton.
4. Ockham’s Kegger: The unique program hosted by Rev. Patrick Gray from continues tonight with at the in Hamilton. These “keggers” are an unconventional, informal way to discuss and think about the gospel. Want to know more? It was in our column.
5. Wenham Planning Board: The Planning Board meets in Wenham on Thursday night at 7:30 p.m. at with a variety of items on its agenda, including hearing about a remediation plan for tree cutting violation at the .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.