Today is Monday, Jan. 9. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Weather: We’ll see what will be a “normal” winter day on Monday, with temperatures into the mid to upper 30s and sunny skies.
2. Be Nice: Monday marks the start of “Be Nice on the Internet” week, a push from Real Simple magazine to increase the tone of online discourse. While discussion is almost always civil on Hamilton-Wenham Patch, it is a great reminder to treat others as you would want to be treated, even online.
3. Freezer: Last month that was looking to give away. We stand corrected – it is a freezer. And it is still available to anyone who can move it and pick it up from The Meetinghouse – – on Bay Road. Contact Acord Managing Director Deby Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
4. Regional Dispatch: The hiring process for director of the new regional dispatch center is down to two candidates and . The new regional communication center will handle emergency calls from a half dozen North Shore communities, , when it scheduled to open at the end of the year.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meet for a at . The board is scheduled to have an executive session to discuss litigation strategy and then in open session will hear about a study by architectural students who looked at the best way to make use of the space at Town Hall.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.