Today is Friday, Jan. 6. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Weather: It didn’t take long for temperatures to rise again after a chilly stretch midweek. The forecast on Friday calls for high temperatures into the 40s with cloudy skies and gusty winds.
2. School budget: A preliminary version of the budget on Saturday morning at beginning at 9 a.m.
3. Deck the House: Patch.com is giving away $100,000 to the school district in the community with the best decorated home this past holiday season. While no home from Hamilton or Wenham made the finals, there are two national finalists – out of more than 800 communities – right here on the North Shore. Entries from both Danvers and Salem are in the running. The top voter getter by Sunday wins the money for their school district.
4. Blood Drive: An American Red Cross blood drive arrives in Hamilton on Saturday at . The T runs 9 a.m. to noon, with each donor receiving a pound of coffee.
5. Peter Gray: A reminder – the School Superintendent Search Committee’s interview with Interim Superintendent (and permanent superintendent candidate) Peter Gray originally scheduled for Sunday evening has been postponed. The , and the c. Public interviews with parents and community members are scheduled beforehand.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.