Today is Tuesday, Jan. 3. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Cold: The first cold snap of the young winter is here. Some meteorologists are actually saying that the temperatures through Thursday will be the coldest temperatures we’ve seen in a full year. The forecasted high temperatures on Tuesday and Wednesday are expected to remain below freezing each day, with it rising back above freezing on Thursday with sunny skies through the entire stretch.
2. The Grind: Tuesday marks the return to the “the grind” for just about everyone. For students and other that may have been off last week, plus those that had a three-day New Year’s weekend, they all head back to work and school on Tuesday. For those that carried on with their “regular” schedule last week, expect a return to more typical commuter hour traffic backups and slowdowns.
3. Peter Gray: A reminder that the first of several public interviews with School Superintendent candidate Peter Gray had been originally scheduled for Tuesday, but the schedule has been changed. Community members had been originally scheduled to “interview” Gray on Tuesday, but those interviews at .
4. Generals sports: With the return to school on Tuesday comes the return to game action for Generals sports teams. While there was some tournament action during vacation week, the regular season resumes on Tuesday. and at at 6:30 p.m.
5. Selectmen: The Boards of Selectmen in both Hamilton and Wenham meet at the same time on Tuesday night. The at , with and a report from Finance Director Deborah Nippes-Mena. In Wenham, at and and also go over the review of Town Administrator Jeff Chelgren.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.