Today is Friday, Jan. 27. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Wet: Friday will be a rainy day, with temperatures rising from the 30s into the 50s.
2. Pre-K: The school district’s at is . Parents of 3- and 4-year-olds are invited to show up – no appointment is necessary – if they are interested in enrolling their child this fall.
3. Mullen: Anyone who wants to know more about in Wenham can meet with the property owner and developer on Friday. Registration is required – call Wise Living at 978-468-2645 or e-mail email@example.com to register.
4. Pedestrians: Both the and have both been recently recognized for pedestrian safety. The latest issue of Horizons, a publication of AAA Southern New England, reports that Hamilton was recently honored for pedestrian safety for having six years without a pedestrian fatality, through the end of 2010. Wenham was also recognized for three straight years without a pedestrian fatality.
5. School Facilities: Earlier this week, we told you about a schools Facilities Assessment Steering Committee meeting on Monday. But it ended up being cancelled. Instead, the committee in the superintendent’s office to discuss coming up with a consolidation of all the studies of the school buildings.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.