Today is Tuesday, Jan. 17. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Snow: At least a coating of snow (or maybe a little more) will be on the ground at daybreak on Tuesday before the temperatures increase and it turns to rain with temperatures rising into the mid-40s.
2. Library programs: Registration for the winter programs at opens at 10 a.m. on Tuesday. Registration for programs such as Music & Movement and Legomania, among many others, can happen only in person at the library. No registration is taken over the phone, via e-mail or online.
3. Powerball: This week, the cost of a Powerball ticket went up from $1 to $2. With the price increase, lottery officials say the chance of winning and the prizes will also go up. Where can you buy a Powerball ticket in the two towns? In Hamilton, at , , and . In Wenham, on Topsfield Road sells tickets.
4. Wenham Planning Board: The Wenham Planning Board at to consider changes to the zoning bylaw, including discussion about establishing a new “independent living” overlay district for the .
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen night for the fourth time in eight days. The meeting will happen at 7 p.m. at , where the board is scheduled to work on establishing the Patton Family Gift Committee and as well as reviewing the boards goals and objectives.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.