Today is Tuesday, Jan. 10. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Warm: Temperatures are forecasted to rise well into the 40s on Tuesday – another unseasonably warm day on what has been a remarkably warm winter so far. A cloudy start will turn to sunny skies and winds will gust to 20 miles per hour at times.
2. Owl Moon: Children age 6 and up can learn about great horned owls at on Tuesday night. The , which runs from 5:30-7 p.m., will include a reading of Jane Yolen's “Owl Moon” and end with a cup of hot chocolate. The cost is $8 for Trustee members and $10 for non-members.
3. Pan-Mass Challenge: Registration opens on Tuesday for “alumni” of past Pan-Mass Challenge bicycle rides to enter the 33rd annual ride on Aug. 4 and 5, 2012. Local riders from Hamilton and Wenham . Registration will open to all on Jan. 17.
4. Gas: More often than not, is the price leader for gas in the two towns. That was the case on Monday, where a gallon of regular was selling for $3.32. It was $3.35 a gallon at and and $3.59 at . A reminder: we have a gas and traffic page right here on Hamilton-Wenham Patch. And while the traffic updates are great, there are kinks we are still working out with gas prices so we will periodically bring you updates here in “5 things.”
5. Canter Brook: The to continue its consideration of a plan for a 43-unit senior housing complex at the when it meets at 7 p.m. on Tuesday night at . The Hamilton Board of Selectmen is also scheduled to attend the meeting, where Joanne Patton’s to the town will be discussed.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.