Today is Wednesday, Feb. 29. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Snow: A few inches of snow are expected to accumulate on Wednesday afternoon through Tuesday in what could be the “biggest” snowstorm of the winter. It will likely cause slow going for both the Wednesday evening and Thursday morning commutes.
2. Chess: For most of us, a one-on-one game of chess is a challenge. But for Master Lou Mercuri, . He’ll be at on Saturday and there are still quite a few spots available to take on the master. Call the library at 978-468-5577 or email Rebecca Shea at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
3. Wenham Veterans: Do you have a 1940 Wenham resident directory? If so, it can be used to help verify World War 2 veterans to be included on the town’s . If you have a directory or know where one can be located, please call Jack Hauck at 978-468-6323.
4. Leap Day: It comes around just once every four years – it is leap year and the extra day is today. The extra day is added every four years to the end of the February, known as leap day, to make the solar calendar of 365 ¼ days equal the calendar of 365 days.
5. Assessments: Maybe you were one of the homeowners who saw their property assessment go up in the past year and you want to know why. Or maybe you just have a few questions about the town’s process of developing property assessments. You can get all the answers at the League of Women Voters n Wednesday night at . It starts at 7 p.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.