Today is Wednesday, Feb. 22. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Warm: Uncharacteristically warm weather moves in on Wednesday and it is forecasted to stick around through Friday. Temperatures will get into the 50s on Wednesday and there’s even the possibility of getting to 60 degrees.
2. Washington’s Birthday: Monday was the official federal holiday when government offices, bank and some businesses were closed, but Wednesday is actually George Washington’s birthday. The country’s first president was born 280 years ago.
3. Gas: The price of gas has surged to the top of the headlines in recent days, with continued proclamations that gas prices have never been this high in February and prices could rise far above $4 per gallon this summer. On Tuesday, the least expensive gallon of regular gas in Hamilton and Wenham was $3.50 at G & M Motors. It was $3.61 at Hamilton Convenience and Oliver Gulf and $3.79 at Fallon’s.
4. Office Hours: The editor and advertising manager for Hamilton-Wenham Patch held their first ever “office hours” on Tuesday morning at Dunkin Donuts in Hamilton. Thank you to everyone who stopped by to say hi and chat. Stay tuned to the “5 things” column and the events calendar for the next “office hours.”
5. Lunar New Year: The Year of the Dragon will be celebrated on Wednesday afternoon at Hamilton-Wenham Library. It sounds like a fun event is planned from 1-3 p.m. and it is open to the public at no charge. It starts with an authentic lion dance and martial arts demonstration in the adjacent Rec Center gym and continues with brush painting and a “creative Chinese cookie craft.”
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.