Today is Monday, Feb. 13. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Normal: After an overhyped and underperforming “snowstorm” on Saturday and a chilly Sunday, things return to “normal” on Monday - weatherwise. The skies will be sunny and temperatures will be into the mid-30s with wind gusts up to 25 miles per hour.
2. Belay: School vacation week is next week and one great local activity is the at . The wall will . One way you can get a head start on the fun is for a parent to take a belay class ahead of time. Parents can learn how to belay their child while they’re up on the wall to give them more time for climbing next week.
3. School Superintendent: There could be a recommendation as soon as Monday evening . The committee has been that current Interim Superintendent Peter Gray should continue as the permanent superintendent or whether the search should be opened up. The committee meets at 6:30 p.m. in the superintendent’s office at the .
4. Art Award Winners: The winners in the Boston Globe Scholastic Art Awards, including five gold keys, two silver keys and seven honorable mentions from , will have their winning artwork on display at the State Transportation building in Boston through April 20. The exhibit hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 12-4 p.m.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen where the board will accept a gift towards at and continue discussion about the fiscal 2013 town budget. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.