Today is Friday, Feb. 10. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Snow: By this time last year, believe it or not, the had come to an end. That’s right, after Feb. 12, there were no more major snowstorms last winter. But this year, we are looking at possibly one of the “biggest” snowstorms of the year on Saturday, with the possibly for a few inches of snow.
2. Girl Scout Cookies: We’ve received word that arrived in Hamilton and Wenham this week. Local Girl Scouts sold 737 cases of cookies this year - the most popular was Thin Mints. Local Scouts sold 241 cases of Thin Mints. And if you didn’t get your cookies yet, you can outside at The Shoppes at Hamilton Crossing.
3. Pre-K: Parents of 3- or 4-year-olds who want to be considered to enroll in the Hamilton-Wenham Integrated Pre-Kindergarten program next September . An appointment is needed. Call 978-468-5303 to see if you can schedule a last-minute screening.
4. Events: Day in and day out, there’s a complete local events calendar right here on Hamilton-Wenham Patch. And you can add to it - any user can add an event for free to our calendar. Plus, check back on Friday for our regular weekly to some great weekend event picks right here, close to home.
5. High School Quiz Show: The College Bowl Team, as you probably know, . And the new season begins this weekend. While the Generals won’t appear this week on television, you can get a look at the first matchup on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. on channel 2. HWRHS faces Sharon next week at 6:30 p.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.