Today is Thursday, Dec. 8. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Clearing: The overnight rain storm (and maybe a stray snowflake) will come to an end early on Thursday. Temperatures will get into the mid 40s and winds will gust as high as 30 miles per hour.
2. History Fair: The scholarly talents of students at will be on display Thursday night during the annual history fair. The fair is open to the public and runs 4-8 p.m.
3. $3.19: The magic number for gas prices in Hamilton and Wenham is $3.19. On Wednesday, three of the four gas station in the two towns were selling a gallon of regular for $3.19 – , and . At in Wenham, a gallon is $3.79.
4. Wenham Open House: Before the later in the evening, is hosting from 3-5 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. It is open to the public.
5. Government Study: The Wenham Government Study Committee , when it meets at 7 a.m. at Wenham Town Hall. The committee is scheduled to interview Town Administrator Jeff Chelgren, to hear about his experience with the job and his opinions about the role of the job.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.