Today is Monday, Dec. 26. Here are five things you need to know
1. Great day: Monday is shaping up to be a great early winter day weatherwise. The forecast calls for sun with temperatures getting into the mid-40s.
2. Holiday: Monday is Christmas Observed, meaning it is an official holiday. Many companies are closed but most retail businesses are open, although the hours may vary. Your best bet is to call ahead. The , and are all closed, there is no mail delivery or trash collection and the MBTA commuter rail will operate on a Saturday schedule.
3. Kwanzaa: Kwanzaa, a weeklong holiday that celebrates African culture and traditions, begins on Monday. It began in 1966 and runs Dec. 26 to Jan. 1 each year.
4. Blizzard: Remember the day after Christmas last year? We do. Hamilton and Wenham . It was, as you likely remember, the first of many snowstorms last winter.
5. Christmas trees: With Christmas behind us, you’re probably thinking about what you will do with your Christmas tree. In both towns, you can donate it to Hamilton-Wenham Green, which will recycle it and get a $1 donation too. Drop-off begins on Monday at in Wenham. You can also get the tree picked up by Boy Scouts – specific information for each town is included in an image attached to this story.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.