Today is Friday, Aug. 5. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Weather: The weather will get nicer as the day progresses on Friday – from some clouds to more sun – with temperatures in the 70s.
2. Gran Prix: Congratulations to alum Sean Milne, the winner at Wednesday night’s Gran Prix of Beverly bicycle race. Milne redeemed himself from tough losses in past year to squeeze by a small pack of leaders to win just down the street from his current Beverly home.
3. Pan Mass Challenge: Speaking of bicycling, the Pan-Mass Challenge happens this weekend. The event is widely known as a huge fundraiser for cancer research, with bicycle rides both days of varying lengths across the state. There are 28 riders from Hamilton and Wenham that will be taking part in one of the rides.
4. Free Friday: The summerlong Free Fridays, sponsored by the Highland Street Foundation, continues today with admission to four museums and attractions. Today, the closest sites are and the Institute for Contemporary Art in Boston.
5. Piglets: There are more than a dozen new piglets at in Hamilton. The farm announced this week that there were 15 piglets born recently. They can be seen living just before the gate to Plains Meadow.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.