Today is Thursday, Aug. 11. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Weather: Expect a beautiful day with mostly sunny skies with highs near 80 today.
2. CPR: It’s well known that cardiopulmonary resuscitation – or CPR – saves lives. While defibrillators, or AEDs, are more common than ever, traditional CPR is still a valuable skill and a class for non-rescue professionals starts today at Beverly Hospital. The class runs 6-9 p.m. for three evenings and the cost is $46. To register call Robbin Miraglia at 978-922-3000, ext. 2236.
3. Bermuda of the North: While it is too late to sign up now (the bus leaves Hamilton at 5:15 a.m.), the “Retirees and Wannabees” program at the leads a – called the “Bermuda of the North” by some. The next day trip is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 24 to Cape Cod for the Bourne Scallop Festival. The cost is $69 per person and payment is due by Aug. 19.
4. Maybe you enjoy poking around eBay looking for fun local items for sale. We do. Earlier this week we showed you a classic Studebaker for sale right here in the two towns. Today it’s an British sportscar – a 1971 Triumph TR6.
5. Wenham Planning Board: The Wenham Planning Board meets Wednesday night at at 7:30 p.m. when the board will discuss (agenda not available yet).
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.