Today is Friday, April 6. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Beautiful: Friday should be a nearly perfect spring day, with sun outweighing clouds and temperatures into the 50s.
2. Good Friday: Friday is Good Friday, a day where Christians commemorate Jesus Christ's crucifixion. It comes in advance of Easter Sunday, which marks Christ's resurrection.
3. Passover: The Jewish holiday Passover begins at nightfall on Friday. The holiday – one of the most widely celebrated Jewish holidays – marks the exodus of Jews from Egypt and freedom from slavery.
4. Local Businesses: If you are a local business owner, did you miss participating in the ? Well, it’s not too late to join the forum for this month’s survey. Let your voice be heard (anonymously) on a variety of important topics by signing up here. We're hoping your opinions will help promote conversation and make our community stronger.
5. Lake Drive: Friday is the deadline for any bids to submitted for a small piece of town-owned land for sale on Lake Drive in Hamilton known as “The Wall” that provides access to . Since being put up for sale, the neighbors in the area , which they say provides vital public access to the pond. At last check, no bids had been submitted.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.