Today is Tuesday, April 3. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Trash: One of our “things to know” will be the new trash program all week long. The new program affects almost every resident of the two towns and the program’s changes are going into place all week long. It started in Wenham on Monday and continues on Tuesday in Wenham before beginning on Wednesday in Hamilton - all on the regular collection day. Trash, recycling and organics collection will happen weekly in Wenham, while this week there will be just recycling and organics collection in Hamilton. Next week trash, organics and recycling will be collected in Hamilton.
2. Umpiring: The Hamilton-Wenham Little League is looking for umpires in its Minor Leagues for the upcoming season. You need to be 14 years old or older and attend two clinics on both Tuesday and Thursday night. The clinics are free and run 6-8 p.m. at both nights. Umpire Coordinator Steve Forsey at 978-473-6405.
3. Gas: Local gas prices continue what appears to be a march toward $4 per gallon at some point this summer. On Monday, the least expensive gallon of gas was $3.75 per gallon at . It was $3.79 per gallon at and , which is also the average price of a gallon of regular, self-serve gasoline this week in Massachusetts. That’s up three cents from last week. Also, on Monday, a gallon was $3.99 at .
4. Buzz Lightyear: The star of Toy Story, Buzz Lightyear, is featured in the UFund Start U. Reading series when it comes to on Tuesday at 11 a.m. No registration is required and it is free and open to the public – best suited for children 2 and older. Space stories featuring Buzz Lightyear will give participants a chance to act out the stories and interactively participate.
5. Superintendent Search: The for the superintendent job comes on Tuesday night. The interviews with the 11 semi-finalists have all been in executive session, and after Tuesday night’s interviews the committee is expected to discuss the interviews and choose 3-4 finalists. Those finalists could go to the Full School Committee as soon as its meeting on Thursday night.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.