Today is Friday, April 23. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Good Friday: It is Good Friday, a Christian holiday that commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. The major Good Friday event in the two towns is at in Hamilton, which is hosting an ecumenical service of the “Seven Last Words of Jesus on the Cross" from noon to 3 p.m. The service will feature local clergy and religious leaders including Rev. Michael Duda of ; Rev. Patrick Gray of Christ Church; John Grothjan, leader of Young Life Boston North Shore; Dr. Greg Carmer, Dean of Chapel at ; Rev. Elisabeth Smith of of Hamilton; Dr. Frank James, Provost of and Rev. Dorington Little of .
2. High School Quiz Show: The College Bowl team to become Eastern Massachusetts champion when the team’s next contest against Weston airs at 7 p.m. on Sunday on WGBH, channel 2. “It is an amazing game; and will not be denied. It goes literally up the last second,” according to one local resident who was in the audience when the contest was filmed.
3. Voter Registration: Friday is the in next month. Registration is at the town clerk’s office at from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you have any questions, call the town clerk’s office at 978-468-5570
4. Garden Club: Friday is the deadline to submit an application to of the Hamilton-Wenham Garden Club.
5. Baseball: After the baseball team’s big first win of the year on Thursday morning in Lynnfield, the team on Saturday. Look for coverage on Hamilton-Wenham Patch on Monday.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.