Today is Tuesday, April 19. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Baseball: In the same way the Red Sox had a morning start on Patriots’ Day, the has a morning start on Tuesday thanks to school vacation week. The team is at versus Newburyport.
2. Voter registration: Tuesday is the for next month’s and town election in Wenham. The Board of Elections Registrars will be at the Town Clerk’s office at from 9 a.m.–8 p.m. to register new voters.
3. A.J. Gordon: On this date in 1836, A.J. Gordon was born in New Hampton, N.H., . Gordon was the minister at in Boston from 1869 until his death in 1895. The church was aggressively missionary, which led eventually to the 1889 inception of predecessor, The Boston Missionary Training Institute.
4. Gas: The price of a gallon of regular gasoline went up by 8 to 10 cents last weekend. Experts say that current gas prices are as high as it has ever been in April. The least expensive gallon of regular gasoline in the town towns is $3.75 at . It is $3.77 at both and and $3.89 at .
5. Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night at at 7 p.m., one of just a handful of government meeting scheduled for this week with Patriots’ Day on Monday and school vacation running all week. On the agenda for selectmen is a review of the warrant for Town Meeting and an update on the regional dispatch center being planned for Middleton, which Wenham will be a member.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.