Today is Friday, April 15. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Taxes: April 15 is traditionally “tax day” – the day that federal and state income taxes are due. But not this year. Because Friday is an obscure Washington, D.C. holiday called Emancipation Day, taxes are due nationally on Monday, April 18. But here in Massachusetts, Monday is , so taxes are due on Tuesday, April 19.
2. Garden Club: Friday is the last day to grab an application to this year. The applications are due Friday, April 22.
3. Wenham Warrant: On Friday and Saturday, local Boy Scouts will be hand delivering discs to every Wenham home with the . Attached will also be a notice reminding voters that the town has a new polling place – .
4. Gas: The least expensive gallon of regular gasoline in Hamilton and Wenham is at at Highland and Asbury streets in Hamilton at $3.67 per gallon. Two other stations are close behind, with a gallon of regular at $3.68 at and $3.69 at . It is $3.79 per gallon at .
5. Michael Carter-Williams: Hamilton-native Michael Carter-Williams, who attends St. Andrew’s in Rhode Island, will play Saturday night in the Jordan Brand Classic All-star game from Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, N.C. Carter-Williams, who played at his freshman year, is . The game will air at 8 p.m. on ESPN2.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.