Today is Wednesday, April 11. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Wenham Town Administrator: Outgoing Town Administrator Jeff Chelgren will get a farewell party on Wednesday morning at . Chelgren’s before he . He has held the top job in Wenham town government for 10 years. The event runs from 9:30-11 a.m. in the first floor meeting room at Town Hall.
2. Open Space and Trails: We normally wouldn’t mention something this far out of town, but there’s a great event happening on Wednesday morning in Wakefield with strong ties to our area. The North Shore Task Force and North Suburban Planning Council are hosting an open space and trails forum focusing on Essex County. It will include six speakers, including Kristen Grubbs, the Open Space Program Manager in Ipswich and Essex County Greenbelt Association Executive Director Ed Becker. It is at from 8:45 a.m. to noon and is free and open to the public.
3. Snapshot Day: joins libraries across the state on Wednesday for Snapshot Day, when libraries “collect data and photos that help demonstrate the value of libraries and raise public awareness that libraries are busier than ever.” Just by going to the library on Wednesday you will be counted, and you can also go to the state library website and post comments about the ways you use the library.
4. Budget Process: Typically, the Budget Process Committee for both towns meets on Wednesday mornings. But this week, that meeting has been bumped back to Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. at , where the committee will make plans for budget forums on April 26.
5. Middle School Arts: The young artists of the will be on display on Wednesday night from 6-7:30 p.m. The will feature an “extensive visual arts exhibit” plus performances from the chorus, jazz band and the dramatics program.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.