Today is Tuesday, April 10. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Rain and Sun: The forecast for Tuesday includes plentiful mentions of both sun and rain – so you may see it all. The rain won’t be enough to break our dry streak and temperatures will get close to 60 degrees.
2. Celebrity Bartenders: Have a drink and support a great cause on Tuesday night at when Melanie D'Orio, Jill Evers and Sarah Lesser – all members of “Team Sunshine” – . The three ladies will be riding 100 miles in the Best Buddies Challenge on June 2 to support the Best Buddies program, which “provides critical services and job integration for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.” Tuesday night’s bartending adventure helps raise money fro the bike-riding team.
3. Lawn Tips: If you had seen publicity for an event called at , it is NOT scheduled for Tuesday night. It actually happened last week, but it was inadvertently publicized in several locations as happening on Tuesday night. Sorry, but it has gone by.
4. Gas Prices: Most of the gas stations here in Hamilton and Wenham are selling gas for less than the statewide average price for a gallon of regular unleaded - $3.87. On Monday, it was selling for $3.83 at plus $3.85 at and . At , it is $3.99.
5. Melody Miles: One of the most unique (and fun) events each spring is the , which allows runners to snake their way around Hamilton while listening to the sounds of talented young musicians. Well, planning for that race gets underway tonight at the , which happen at at 6:30 p.m. Melody Miles is the group’s largest annual fundraiser.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.