Today is Thursday, May 3. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Cool: Thursday won’t be the greatest day weatherwise – another dreary, cool day. There’s a greater chance of showers earlier with a better chance of the sun poking through in the afternoon with temperatures in the 50s.
2. Election: Wenham voters go to the polls on Saturday morning from 8 a.m. to noon at for the annual town elections. The only contested race on the ballot is for Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee, where five candidates – all newcomers – are seeking three spots on the committee. Check Patch later on Thursday for more info about each of those candidates.
3. Jazz: The Jazz ensemble takes the stage on Thursday evening for the final time this year. The "The Coy Pond Piranhas," under the direction of Dr. David Rox, will perform Jazz Standards beginning at 8 p.m. at the Phillips Recital Hall. Tickets are $10.
4. Gas: After seeing gas prices go up week after week, we recently saw gas prices stabilize. And on Wednesday, they stayed even with a week earlier. has the least expensive gallon of gas in the two towns at $3.75. It is $3.79 at and and a gallon of regular is $3.99 at .
5. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee – 6:30 p.m. – at Buker Elementary School. The committee will be discussing the fiscal 2013 budget plus the school calendar for the next two years plus the final day of school for this year.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.