Today is Tuesday, May 29. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Tea House: Tuesday is the exact day , in 1912, what is known today as the first opened in the harness shop next to the Hobbs House. The Wenham Village Improvement Society borrowed $5,000 to build the current Wenham Tea House, which opened four years later, according to the official history of the Tea House.
2. Lacrosse: Both the boys’ and girls’ lacrosse team from are in action on Tuesday afternoon in the first round of the postseason tournament. The is at home at 5 p.m. versus No. 24 ranked Hull in the Div. 3 East tournament. The girls’ team, ranked No. 12, travels to Belmont to take on the No. 5 ranked team at 3 p.m. in the Div. 2 North tournament.
3. Fifth Graders: The school year is almost over – which means this year’s fifth graders at all three elementary schools – , and – are headed to . And Tuesday is “Move Up Day,” with fifth graders getting a look at the middle school during the day and then at night, families of those fifth graders will hear more about the middle school experience during a program at 6 p.m. at the school. There’s also a great booklet put together by the faculty and staff, and attached to this story as a PDF, that includes a lot of both specifics tips for Miles River students and great advice for the middle school years in general.
4. Grow a Row: The , where volunteers planted vegetables that they donated to . The program is headed in to its second year, hoping to be bigger and better. If you want to become involved, show up at Acord Food Pantry between 6-7:30 p.m. on Tuesday to get the free seeds and seedlings to get started.
5. Conservation Commission: The Wenham Conservation Commission meets on Tuesday night, with a proposal to construct a new home at 13 Woodside Lane, among other business. The board meets at 7:30 at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.