Today is Monday, May 28. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Clouds: After some pretty darn good weekend weather, things turn a bit south on Monday. The forecast calls for cloudy skies with temperatures into the upper 60s. There’s also a chance of showers.
2. Trash: Monday is a holiday so regular trash pickup in Wenham on Monday is delayed until Tuesday and then trash will be delayed by a day for the rest of the week. It is a “blue bag” week in Hamilton, meaning the . There will be recycling and organics collection in both towns plus trash pickup in Wenham.
3. Circus: The Picadilly Circus was originally scheduled to arrive at the Topsfield Fairgrounds to open a week worth’s of shows on Monday. But the first show is now planned for Wednesday, with shows running through Sunday. Shows are at 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. each day except Saturday, when there’s also a 1:30 p.m. show and Sunday, when show times are 1, 3:30 and 6 p.m. Tickets are $35 for adults and children are free.
4. Town Offices: and are closed on Monday, as are the schools. is also closed and there is no mail delivery, all in observance of Memorial Day.
5. Traffic: If you’re reading this from afar and are planning a trip back to Hamilton-Wenham on Monday, there’s a good chance you’ll be caught in some traffic – particularly if you are coming from a popular summer vacation area. But don’t forget there’s some great online tool to take a look at the traffic you might be facing, from the color-coded traffic maps from Mapquest here on Patch to the online traffic cameras posted by the state Department of Transportation.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.