Today is Tuesday, May 22. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Spring Concert: Tuesday night the youngest singers and musicians in the school district will have their chance to perform. The elementary school choruses and band will perform starting at 6:30 p.m. in the gym at .
2. Unemployment: Local, town-by-town unemployment statistics for April will be released on Tuesday by the state Bureau of Labor Statistics. The statewide rate, announced last week, was 6.3 percent, the lowest since October 2008.
3. Capital Management Committee: The “CMC” was scheduled to meet on Tuesday morning at 9:30 a.m. at , but that meeting has now been bumped back to next week – The committee will discuss the proposal to set up a “virtual Department of Public Works” to handle buildings maintenance for the schools and town all under one organization.
4. Gas Prices: Three out of four of the gas stations in Hamilton and Wenham were selling gas higher than the state average on Monday. According to AAA, the price of a regular gallon of gas is down 6 cents in the past week, to $3.65. is below the average at $3.59, and and were at $3.69 on Monday. was selling a gallon for $3.99.
5. Rover Night: Various team from Blair Cochran’s physics class will compete on Tuesday night at on “Rover Night,” or students competing against each other with "rovers," or robots. The competition starts at 7 p.m. at the high school.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.